Thursday 14 July 2011

Sun, Sea, Ice-Cream and Diabetes.

So, I'm back from Spain and quite honestly had THE TIME OF MY LIFE!  We stayed in Salou which is in Costa Dorada and it was beautiful.  We spent most days at the beach, lounging around the pool at our hotel or exploring.  A day at the waterpark and an incredible afternoon and evening in Barcelona absolutely made the holiday for me.





To top it all off, Diabetes was on its best behaviour!  As it turned out, organisation seemed to deter the D from throwing tantrums.  My low carb, low GI eating went out of the window pretty much as soon as I got there but it seemed to make little difference to my blood sugar levels. 

So, I'd like to thank the D for making my first holiday abroad without my parents completely and utterly manageable on the diabetes front.  I'd also like to give it a biiig kiss for allowing me to eat a delicious chocolate ice cream in Barcelona, inject my insulin and achieve a wonderful 6.1 afterwards.  I praise the D.


Anyway, here are a couple of snaps of our time away :)






 


 

Now I'm going to catch up on reading some of the posts I've missed whilst I've been away!
Speak soon ladies and gents x

2 comments:

  1. Daisy's back!!! Awesome pics, LOVE that your D played nicely for you on vacation. You look sooooo pretty in your pics, and soooo happy too!!! :) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how amazing to have a 6.1 after eating ice cream! i often find that lots of sightseeing means sugar level perfection :)

    ReplyDelete